A JOURNEY THROUGH 365 OF MY BEST FOOD EXPERIENCES

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day ten - first dinner in the new flat

The greatly awaited move has finally taken place, deep breath, finally! I write this now sitting wedged in-between my two brand new house, or rather… home mates! 


So our actual first meal was on Monday night and that was Steers because we hadn't gone grocery shopping yet, but it doesn't really count since I still felt like 90% water and Little Kim wasn't staying with us that night - these things happen when you don't have a bed to sleep in. 


Anyway as that was a bit of a fail I will rather talk about our first made meal… oh wait this wasn't really rocket science either.  The Spik, the ever resourceful farm girl who kept surprising us the entire move by screwing things back in, taking plugs off and putting them back in, drilling holes and glueing tiles back on. Had made bags and bags and bags of mince which she had cooked complete with tomatoes and mushrooms before the Easter weekend as otherwise it would've gone off.  I promise in my kitchen it probably would've gone off OR I would have eaten mince the entire week running up to the long weekend.  Anyway it ended up being our saving grace, with me on microwave duty warming the mince, the Spik cooking the spaghetti and with Little Kim rounding us off on spectators duty we produced a delish pasta dish!



Note to self bring the Spik along when stuck on a deserted island, we will most certainly find a way off and until then will have shelter and will most definitely not starve to death!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love this post! Spik has surprised us SO much - she has most definitely earned too many brownie points - and is the person I would take with onto a deserted island for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spik is definitely a keeper! But Little Kim I would bring you along as a supporter any day ;) Plus I've heard you cook like a MasterChef!

    ReplyDelete