A JOURNEY THROUGH 365 OF MY BEST FOOD EXPERIENCES

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day eleven - I Heart Market and scramo's


After our first Friday function at our newly named Penthouse (although not quite one, where it lacks in looks it makes up for in height) we met up with the burra friends at the Durban I Heart Market held at the Moses Mahbida Stadium.  The Spik and I headed straight for the food section, before having a look around.  We’ve definitely got our priorities straight!  After assessing the situation at hand: various queue lengths, look of product available, and closeness to where we were standing, we landed up at the scramo’s and bacon on ciabatta stand.  The fact that this is my favourite breakfast of all time did perhaps sway the decision slightly.  We both selected the scramo’s with chives and bacon served on a ciabatta.  With The Spik in the line and me off buying our much needed red ambulance cokes we were a winning combo. With my coke in left and securely wrapped scramo’s in right hand we collapsed down on the closest piece of decorative concrete there.



The scramo’s were wrapped in baking paper and a blue and white checked serviette, after woozily watching the lady at the stand deftly, but not quite quickly enough, wrap up each ciabatta I was loathed to unravel it.  Luckily the wrapping acted more as a type of plate than much else and not complicated unravelling was required – not that my brain would have got that far anyway.  Anyway when biting into the crusty outside of the warm ciabata and then through into the soft creaminess of the chive scrambled eggs with a hint of smokiness from the bacon really brought the breakfast home.  The Spik and I agreed on more bacon needed as it seemed to drop to the sides of the ciabatta which resulted in not each bite enjoying the pleasure of the smoky bacon.  Still, the breakfast did it’s job with The Spik and I then managing to push round the entire market, buy ourselves key rings for the Penthouse, broach for me, bracelet for The Spik and even Lynn scored a Mother’s Day present!

The I Heart Market has a much larger food selection than when I started going two years ago when it was in the church hall or across the road from Bean Bag Bohemia.  Aah those days! <insert glazed over eyes and pause for memories>  There is a large selection from which I cannot wait to sample a different stall each month.  I even have my June breakfast locked in my head already! Bring on the 2.06.12.
Find our more on the I Heart Market their stalls, venue and how to become a part of it from their Facebook page here or from their blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment